Friday, December 8, 2017

101 Jobs and Companies that Hire Felons

Many felons ask us the question “Are there any jobs that hire felons?

Yes! There are jobs that hire felons.
The very first thing you need to understand is that most minimum wage jobs will not hire felons.

We believe that this is because you will most likely have direct contact with the customer. This can be too much of a risk for those companies, however the higher paying jobs usually do not mind ($10-$30 per hour). This is because most jobs that are between $10-$30 per hour are most likely at factories. These jobs take advantage of the tax break they receive from hiring a felon.

Most of the time these jobs are simple to get. Just keep putting in the effort. If you have a higher education you will be more likely to land a job despite your felonies. 
Mostly because those with an education have a broader range of skill sets. This is because there are less people able to do the work that you can do.

Will all this information you should understand that most minimum wage jobs will not hire you, but for everyone of those there is an opportunity just waiting for you. If you can’t get a job then try college.

Many offenders that we know are taking engineering classes. Within a year they are working in a factory making around $15 an hour. We have seen this time and time again.

Here is a list of jobs that Hire Felons

Check out our new job guides for felons:
Freelance Jobs for Felons
Roofing Jobs for Felons
These jobs have NO BACKGROUND checks, which prevent most felons from finding decent employment!

If you are not sure of the types jobs that hire felons, then you have come to the right place. Here is a very comprehensive list that you can use in your search to find a job. However you need to keep in mind that you should apply at every single place you can when looking for a job.

Small Business Jobs That Hire Felons

Lawn care
Welding
Truck Driving
Delivery
Painting
Heating & Cooling
Roofing & Siding
Hanging Drywall
Dog Poop scooping
Pet Grooming
Landscaping
Plumbing
Brick or Tiling
Construction
Basic Yard Work
Cleaning – Home and Commercial
Freelancing (NEW)

Companies that Hire Felons

Aamco
Ace Hardware
Allied Van Lines
Allstate Insurance Company
American Greetings
Andersen Windows
Apple Inc.
Aramark
AT&T
Avis Rent-A-Car
Avon Products
Baskin-Robbins
Bed, Bath & Beyond
Best Western
Black & Decker
Blue Cross & Blue Shield association
Braum’s Inc.
Bridgestone
Budget Rent-A-Car
Cambell’s Soup
Canon
Carl’s Jr.
Carrier Corporation
Caterpillar Inc.
CDW
Chili’s
Chipotle
Cintas
Community Education Centers
ConAgra Foods
Dairy Queen
Deer Park Spring Water co.
Delta Faucets
Denny’s
Dole Food Company
Dollar Rent-A-Car
Divizio Industries
Dr. Pepper
Dunlop Tires
DuPont
Duracell
Embassy Suites
Epson
ERMCO, Inc.
Family Dollar
Firestone Auto Care
Flying J
Frito-Lay
Fruit of the Loom
Fujifilm
General Electric
General Mills
Georgia-Pacific
Golden Corral
Goodwill
Grainger
Greyhound

Hanes
Hilton Hotels
Home Depot
IBM
IHOP
In-N-Out Burger
Jack in the Box
K-Mart
Kelly Moore Paints
KFC
Kohl’s
Kraft Foods
Kroger
Longhorn Steakhouse
Lowe’s
LSG Sky Chefs
McDonald’s
Meijer
Metals USA
Miller Brewing Company
Motorola
The New York Times
Olive Garden
Quad Graphics
Pactiv
PepsiCo
Phillip Morris Inc.
Pilgrim’s
Red Robin
Rubbermaid
Safeway
Salvation Army
Sara Lee
Sears & Roebuck Co.
Shell Oil
Shoprite
Sony
Subway
Toys “R” Us
Trader Joes
Tyson Foods
Uhaul
US Steel Corporation
Volunteers of America
Walgreens
Wendy’s
Wyndham Hotels
Xerox

If this article has helped you out in anyway please share this on your social media accounts or email it to other felons that you may know. Together we can find the jobs that hire felons.

From visitors shares:

If you are a professional with a felony there is almost NO employers that will hire you unless the conviction is older than 7 years. You have to be able to pass a background check & most go back 7 years. I know that Home Depot will not hire people with all felonies. My husband was offered a job there but then had it rescinded because of his felony background. This was for a professional white collar job. His felony is only a year old so it shows up on his background check. If you have a skill or manual labor then it might be easier to find someone willing to look at you as a person. Big companies with large HR departments just discard people with less than squeaky clean backgrounds. It isn’t illegal unless you’re a protected class. I have been told that Starbucks & Publix grocery stores hire felons.

I was hired at home depot and only been out of prison for four days. Five felony charges. I guess its a case by case basis. No one will touch a felon that was convicted of sex crime or crime against a child.

I have a felony that is 32 years old. Cannot get an expungement or pardon. Every company I have applied for I get rejected. NO company wants their reputation and image tarnished over hiring a felon. The system wants you homeless, broke, starve and live with your parents. I have for 32 years. I am a very old felon and still the system won’t change. My felony was non violent and not involving children. Best of luck to you. Take care.

I am an ex felon and ive been working since i got out of prison in 2000. Ive been in housekeeping since. I started as a regulr employee and worked my way up to being a supervizsor. The pay is ok but i know im worrth more than what my company pays me. I work hard and i enjoy hands on as a team player. Im looking for a better opportunity be cause i like any other citizen wants a better life. Im proud of who i am today .

The law was pass that there will be a non discrimination applied to all jobs and careers but yet it is another one of the biggest lies in the employment field. I am a felon do to me having a theft charge in 2013 it comes up immediately after the background check and I have applied for a county job at the hospital went through the hiring process got hired and than for their HR department to rescind my offer I have been so upset no way to turn and being a single mother without a second chance at life is suicidal
Crying out loud for someone’s help

I was found guilty before, my case went to court. Even though it said pending charges it show up, I was offered 5 position, but have the background check and the pending charges each one of them as rescind their offer to me. My charges has nothing to do with my professional life only my personal and I am in the process of make sure this person never comes into my life again, I feel you when you say without a second chance at life is suicidal, each day I just trying to encourage myself by saying I know someone will hire me for a great job.

Kroger does not hire felons. They will hire you initially, but they will terminate you after your background check is complete with GSI …. approx. 2-3 weeks. They are not felon friendly. You might be able to pass the background check if your court documents have not been filed yet, but other than that they will terminate you within a couple of weeks of hiring you if your background check does not come up okay according to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment